MLB News Index

Sunday, May 10, 2015

KING FELIX NOTCHES 2000TH STRIKEOUT


May 10, 2015

FELIX HERNANDEZ recorded his 2,000th career strikeout, whiffing Oakland's Sam Fuld in the fifth inning of Sunday's game.

"From afar, when I was on the other side, I knew he was good, but I didn't know he was this great of a competitor," Manager Lloyd McClendon said. "Even a better teammate, so the accolades just keep coming and coming with this guy.
"He's a delight to watch every fifth day and I think we're all blessed. I'm not sure if everybody realizes what he's actually doing, but this guy's real, real good."

The crowd at Safeco Field gave Hernandez a standing ovation as he tossed the baseball to the dugout to keep as a souvenir and then walked around the mound. He finished with six strikeouts in seven innings in the Mariners 4-3 win to improve to 6-0 on the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment