MLB News Index

Monday, June 15, 2015

Scherzer a Broken Bat Away from No-Hitter

June 15,2015

Milwaukee centerfielder Carlos Gomez broke his bat in the seventh inning in yesterdays loss to the Nationals. The ball that looped off that broken bat landed in short right field, perfectly positioned between the second baseman and the rightfielder. That broken bat bloop single would be the only hit against Max Scherzer who later walked one for the only two baserunners in the whole game. Scherzer also struck out 16 in the 4-0 shutout win, his 7th of the season. Gomez said he would have been happy to break up the perfect game, just not with a hit like that ""I'm happy because I hit it, but not really because when a guy had a game like that, and stuff like that, I mean I don't enjoy it. I would enjoy it if I hit a real base hit." said Gomez after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment